November 12, 2009

Be Careful What You Ask For

To bastardize an old saying,
"Sometimes God slams a window, and opens a beautiful door."

The Raven has been posting less frequently, because she is in a marathon magazine article-writing jag. I have assignments from two local magazines and am quite busy with research, interviewing, and of course, writing, for a number of stories.

As convicted felon and crepe maker Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing."

You know -- I read that book when I was a kid, you know the one, "So You want to be a Writer?" It was a series. First I read the pithy "So You Want to Be a Hack?" followed by the tedious but meaty "So You Want to Do Non-Profit Marketing and Fundraising?" followed by the trendy "So You Want to Sell Incredibly Overpriced Erectile Dysfunction and Overactive Bladder Drugs?"

Check back. There are still lots of things floating around in my Warped Little Mind and I'm not going anywhere. QTR.