February 15, 2010

A Brief Essay About Gravity

Brace yourself.

On a recent girls day out, my college friend suggested that I might need a lift in my life.

She speculated that my indicators were lagging. As the Roebling Brothers discovered two centuries ago while assessing the East River between Brooklyn and the South Street Seaport, large trusses were needed to bridge the gap.

We all need people who can provide us support in our lives. My friend had the guts to tell me that I wasn't sustainable. She upheld my dignity by telling me in private, bolstering my self-esteem.

Okay, so I'm fifty-two years old, and there has been climate change in my lifetime. Let's just say the equator might be a little lower than it used to be.

My friend and I went to Lane Bryant, where the clerk was happy to foster my request, shoring up the expanse of my core.

How firm my foundation!